5 Most Common Freezer Problems And Solutions
Has your Freezer lost its cooling? From making quick meals to ice cubes for cold-drinks, the freezer has an important role in our day-to-day life. Freezers were invented in the 1940s. Now-a-days freezers have come a long way with modern technology, but as it is a hardware machine, it still may face problems in the long run. Most of the freezer users have encountered freezer issues. Before calling an expert for repairing, you can do a little check-up and repair by yourself, which will save you a lot of money. Here in this blog we have mentioned the 5 most common freezer problems along with its solution.
1. Frost or Ice Buildup:-
One of the most common problems with the freezer is frost and ice build up. If you notice ice or frost in the rear of your freezer, the problem can be with the defrost timer, defrost heater or thermostat. If not, the problem is with the door. If your door is damaged, then it will allow moisture to enter into the freezer, which will get frozen.
- Solution:-This problem can be solved manually. You can manually defrost your freezer and turn it on again. After that try resetting your defrost system. If you notice there is a problem with your door, then you have to change the door or tighten it. If your problem hasn’t been solved yet after these steps, then you have to hire an expert to check what is wrong with your freezer and repair it.
2. Freezer Stops Working:-
This problem may seem panicking because the logical conclusion is that you will need to buy a new freezer for yourself. When this happens, it is not always the problem with your freezer but may be the problem with your power outlet. Do check your power outlet by connecting other devices to it. If you find that your outlet is damaged, then an electronic can repair or replace the outlet. This can also happen if the thermostat and compressor is broken.
- Solution:-If you find that your outlet is damaged, then an electronic can repair or replace the outlet. But if the problem is with your freezer, then do repair it by an expert or replace the freezer. If the problem is with your thermostat and compressor, then try lowering your thermostat a bit, and the freezer will start working temporarily. But if you want to get rid of this problem permanently, do replace the thermostat.
Subscribe to Erip
Get the latest technology news, reviews, and opinions on tech products right into your inbox
3. Freezer Making Strange Noise:-
Although, it’s normal for freezers to make noise, but if you are confident that the noise is a sign of trouble, the problem may be with the evaporative fan motor. The frost can cause problems with the fan which makes strange and loud noises.
- Solution:-This problem can be difficult to solve on your own. As it includes the internal hardware problem, if you try to repair it yourself, it may get damaged and will cost you a lot of money. So, it is better to call in a professional mechanic for this problem.
4. Freezer Is Too Warm:-
This is a bigger problem with a freezer. A freezer is supposed to keep the items in it cool. But if it is warm, it can compromise the safety of your food items. If you find your freezer is too warm than usual, then the problem may be with the thermostat. A thermostat reads the temperature and tells the appliance how cold it should be inside the freezer. The problem also may lie with the sealant. If your sealant is damaged, it may cause the cold air to escape rather than keeping it inside the freezer.
- Solution:- This problem can be difficult to solve on your own. As it includes the internal hardware problem, if you try to repair it yourself, it may get damaged and will cost you a lot of money. So, it is better to call in a professional mechanic for this problem.
5. Food Gets Freezer-Burned:-
If your freezer is working properly, but your food gets freezer-burned, then the problem is not with your freezer The problem is with your food. The food may be too old, or it is not properly sealed. If the food is dehydrated, then the water molecules evaporate and gets replaced with oxygen molecules, which will compromise the durability of your food.
- Solution:-The only solution is to check your food inside the freezer regularly. Always throw away older foods. Before putting the foods inside the freezer, always seal the items properly.
Fix Your Freezer Problems Today:-
Freezer problems are difficult to fix, which may disrupt your weekly meals. While some freezer problems are easily solved by an unprofessional, others require the hand of an expert. If your food isn’t frozen properly, bacteria and fungus could grow on it, making it dangerous to consume. No matter how big or small the freezer problem is, we can diagnose the issue and fix it. We provide home repair services for your home appliances and personal gadgets. You can easily schedule a repair by visiting our website “eRip“, according to your convenience, and we will send an expert to your home to repair it.
Never miss any important news. Subscribe to our newsletter.